Saturday, October 24, 2009





in my dream last night i was experiencing an overwhelming loneliness that was untouched and unsoothed by seeing my childhood bestfriends, my parents, and even by being in one of my favorite "safe" places in the world. i woke up with an aching in my chest and had to talk myself out of the feeling, remind myself of my loving husband lying next to me in the bed. since then i haven't been able to shake the residual diffuse anxiety that came with this dream. no good excuse for feeling bad, yet can't seem to get away from it. harumph. workout didn't help either. hopefully tomorrow will be better. last long run before race day...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really tough dream and a rough way to wake up. :( Hope the negative affect lifted a bit during the day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're kindred spirits!

    The power of dreams is so remarkable. They seem to touch on our core insecurities and fears, and waking doesn't let anything go. I know how deep these feelings run in you. At the same time, I'm always amazed at how they don't seem to be with you a lot of the time. I don't know if you're aware of it, but you have a very bright, vivid personality. You're not at all alone because people are really drawn to your smiles and openness.

    I just read a comment you left on Oct. 11 that I didn't see until now. I wish I could wear more of the passion you see in some of the stuff I do in my daily disposition. Thank you for that observation!

    ReplyDelete