Wednesday, September 1, 2010

August - By the Numbers

Swim: 33,450 yards
Bike:  440 miles with 4 50+mi rides
Run: 103.7 miles with 10, 12, and 13.1mi long runs
Total training time:  54.5hrs

This month I did my first 15 hour training week. I swam 14 times. I took 2 off days. I did my first and second continuous 56+ mile rides. I got to know my new bike, Nimbus. I did a 50mi bike, 8.5mi run BRIC in a time I would have previously thought impossible. I had 3 long runs over 10 miles. And, I am proud to say that for the first time ever (including my half marathon training last fall) I ran over 100 miles!!!

In 10 days I will go 70.3! It's almost taper time.

6 comments:

  1. Great numbers! 15 hour week, back to back long rides and some great long runs; you are going to do awesome at your HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job!!! You are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to do awesome. 50 miles ride and 8.5m run? Wow, I did not get even close to that! Again, great job! I read your twits from time to time, I only tapered one week, and did my mega 72 mile ride+ 4mile run on Thursday the week before taper. I did 12 mile run that Saturday, a 2 mile swim that Sunday, 8 mile run + 15 mile bike Monday, nothing Tuesday, 7 mile run + 10 mile bike + 1 mile swim on Wednesday, 3 mile run + 1 mile swim Thursday, nothing Friday, and 10 min swim/bike/run on Saturday. This might not be of interest, but just in case. Again, you are going to do awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the biking-hills info! i know i used to read your blog but for some reason i just noticed it wasn't in my reader anymore... hmm. anyway fixed that issue!

    i've been dropping into the 'middle ring' and turning the smaller gears down as well. i am still going steady but woo it sure gets my hr going and my legs burning. guess i will try dropping even lower next time!

    anyway... 10 days - very exciting!

    ReplyDelete