Thursday, December 3, 2009

last short run

After getting about 4 hours of sleep last night and then hurdling myself back into the same madness as yesterday, I finally made it out for my last short easy run before this weekend's race. I had hoped to trial my race day outfit but no such luck, its about 20 degrees warmer today than is expected Sunday morning. Oh well. The wind from Tuesday was still in full effect so I got buffeted around for my quick 4.25 miles and tried to keep my pace at 8:30. I have basically avoided hills all this week on my runs which is very nice for confidence but is likely giving me an unrealistic sense of what my 8:15, 8:30, and 8:45 paces feel like. I am hoping that come Sunday the adrenaline (and caffeine) will give me a little boost to help with the crazy hills on the course.


ate some swedish fish on my run (just for kicks, not like i needed the fuel) and they also seem to sit well with my stomach. so swedish fish and gushers will be the fuel of choice for sunday. still gotta figure out the water situation.

run: 36:00min 4.25miles 8:28pace  47degrees, overcast,winds~20mph

4 comments:

  1. So funny...love your race fuel.. One of my Bloggy buddies Shelly is also running Nittany. She is CRAZY Fast.. Let me know if you want her Blogg Address :)

    Good luck and High five..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!! You're going to do GREAT.

    Let me know if you'd like me to pair up with James and provide course support. Happy to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the half! Looks like you have a great pace. I am loving your race fuel choices :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat swedish fish for fuel too! I love them and they can sit in your mouth for a little while too! Good luck Sunday! I'm sure you will do awesome looking at your pace!

    ReplyDelete